What you can do for the bees
- Do not use any pesticides in your own garden.
- In your own garden, plant insect-pollinating native plants, and bear in mind that there should be manifold, permanent flowering from spring to autumn.
- Cut down on your use of wireless technologies.
- Do not buy any ornamental plants with filled blossoms, because they produce very little pollen and nectar or none at all.
- Put up nesting aids for wild bees (“insect hotels”).
- In your own garden, arrange for a drinking trough for bees and other insects.
- Buy honey from your local beekeeper.
- Buy organic food, produced without pesticides.
- Consciously treat the bees with respect and gratitude.